Moving and Packing Tips
Moving and Packing Tips :
- Feel free to leave the clothes in dressers this will save time and amount of boxes that is used. We ask that all other furniture containing items other than clothing be emptied.
- Be sure to have your boxes labeled and sealed top and bottom, label boxes on side of box not the top, and according to where you want it placed in your new residence.
- Do not leave empty space in boxes, boxes should be completely filled or they may get crushed or dented during the move. Use packing paper, towels or clothing to fill corners and empty space.
- Use smaller boxes for heavier items and remember to pack each box with the heaviest items at the bottom.
- Large frames with glass should be placed in a special frame box that protects the edges as well as the glass. Make an X with masking tape across the glass to hold glass together in case it breaks in transit.
- Keep pillows, clothing, or other textiles pristine by putting them in clear garbage bags before placing them in boxes. Don’t use dark garbage bags for moving items as you might accidentally mistake them for garbage.
- Use wardrobe boxes to keep clothes hanging and wrinkle-free. (Free Rental with Above & Beyond Movers.)
- Use sealable plastic bags for all of your bathroom lotions and potions. Liquid toiletries can leak and the last thing you want is to unpack a soggy cardboard box.
- If you or our movers are disassembling furniture, be sure to keep all screws and hardware in a sealable plastic bag that you take with you. Don’t let these important pieces get lost in the shuffle.
- Empty, defrost and clean your refrigerator, freezer and clean your stove, all at least 24 hours before moving to let them air out. Try using baking soda to get rid of any odors.
- Create priority boxes that contain things you’ll need as soon as you unpack like pans, dishes, and cleaning supplies. Color code and label them to make sure they are the first things you unpack.
We do not move the following items:
- Propane tanks unless empty.
- Chemicals such as household cleaners, aerosols or paint.
- Perishable, food and other related items.
- Unsealed or opened containers.
- Live plants or animals.
- Firearms, unless unloaded
- Yard items, motorcycles , ATV’s etc….Gasoline must be emptied prior to moving items.
If the item is flammable, explosive, perishable or combustible we cannot move it.
Need additional advice?
Certified moving consultants available to assist you with all your Moving needs! Customer support 7 days a week.